Shahi Paneer is the dish which is relished at every auspicious occasion, be it wedding party, any small get together, treat or any other party. It is relished whole heartily.
Yesterday my sister came from college after having a lunch in a treat at a restaurant near to her college where she got served Shahi Paneer. She enjoyed the meal but before dinner time she told me about the treat and asked me to cook the Shahi Paneer again for dinner in my style that is exceptionally delightful to taste buds and cannot match with any other recipe of Shahi Paneer at restaurants. So I decided to cook that in my way that was enjoyed by whole family as always.
Here is the recipe for Shahi Paneer that I want to share with you all so that you all can cherish your family with this easy recipe.
Recipe for Shahi Paneer
Time taken- 2o minutes
Cottage Cheese (Paneer)-300g
Cashew nuts Paste- 1&1/2 cup
Yogurt- 1 cup
Tomatoes- 4 sliced
Onions– 2 sliced
Ginger garlic paste-1tbsp
Black cardamoms- 2
Cinnamon stick-1/2 inch
Cumin powder-2 tsp
Red chilli powder-1tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Refined oil/olive oil-3tbsp
Green fresh Coriander and thin sliced ginger stick to garnish
Steps to follow-
- Cut the cottage cheese into large sized pieces either in cubes or in triangle. Once I tried a different look by cutting the block of Paneer into triangles.
- Now heat 1tbsp oil in a wok or pan you are making Shahi Paneer, add onions, cinnamon stick and black cardamoms and sauté till onions turn golden brown and cardamoms start giving pleasant smell of its own. Now add tomatoes until they soften.
- Now grind this sautéed mixture and keep it separate. Again take about 2 tbsp of oil in the same wok/pan and add cashew nuts paste, ginger garlic paste, garam masala, cumin powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and sauté for a min.
- Now add ground sautéed paste that was kept separate, salt and yogurt and cook for a minute. Add stock of about 3 cups and wait for a boil.
- Add cottage cheese pieces to the gravy and cook on medium flame for a while.
- Mix some milk to give some consistency and serve hot with nans or tandoori rotis garnished with Coriander leaves and ginger sticks.
I am sure this recipe will relish your taste buds and will add delightful taste in your meal menu.
hmmm….. so wat you say??? you enjoyed cooking it up and its taste?
Do reply me via your comments so that i get to know about my efforts…..