Today I decided to make nutty Besan laddoos as festive fever has captured us Indians. And festivity is incomplete without sweets, so nothing can be more important than Laddoos that can be served to your family and guests to satiate their craving taste buds for sweets. Besan Laddoos are enjoyed as desserts and can also be used in worshipping lord Ganesha as Prasad or bhog at Diwali.
Besan Laddoos are very easy to make in few minutes….this time I tried variation by making it nutty using various nuts and the variation was a success and they were really appreciated for flavor.And crunch of nuts was awesome. So here is its recipe…..
Servings- 18 pieces (may vary as per sizes)
Time Taken- 15 min
Gram flour (Besan) – 3 ½ cups
Khoya or Mava- 1½ cup
Caster sugar- 3 cups
Cashew nuts- 1/3 cup
Almonds- 1/3 cup
Roasted peanuts- 1/3 cup
Desi ghee (or hydrogenated oil) – 3 tbsp
Steps to follow-
- Grind all the nuts to a crunchy mixture.
- Take desi ghee in a wok and heat it for a minute and add gram flour to sauté until it becomes golden brown.
- Now add khoya and caster sugar and mix it well on flame for a minute.
- Add nuts, mix them well and turn off the flame. Take out mixture in some bowl and let it cool to a temperature that your hands can bear, not totally cool otherwise shape could not be given to Laddoos.
- Take some mixture and make Laddoos with help of hands by pressing it hard into a shape of balls. Make equal balls of Laddoos and serve them garnished with almonds and cashew nuts, cut into halves.
Try this out and do tell me via your comments how was that??