Pulao(dish of rice) is the part of every meal at any special occasion. It is enjoyed with some curry or it alone tastes delicious when it is a mixed veg pulao.
Everyone becomes conscious towards health when it comes to eating rice. It is myth that that rice adds on to flab. There are so many people who eat rice regularly and they do not put on weight. The reason is that they maintain their metabolic activities properly in a correct manner by doing exercise regularly.
I am very fond of rice and love to do variations with it and serve it in different-different manner that are always cherished to have in meal. And when rice is cooked with various vegetables, it becomes even healthier.
So today’s recipe is Mixed Veg Pulao in which veggies give a different flavor to dish and spices used are marvelous. And the Basmati rice can’t be left aside as it is the main pillar ingredient whose taste and aroma is amazingly awesome!!
Time Taken- 15 min
Basmati rice- 250g
Cauliflower- 8-10 small florets
Carrots-1 cut into small pieces
Peas-1 small bowl
French beans- 6-7 chopped
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
Garam masala-1 tsp
Salt-to-taste (mainly a li’l amount about 1 tsp)
Refined oil/ olive oil-2tbsp
Coriander/mint leaves for garnishing
Water as required
Steps to follow-
- Soak Basmati rice for about 1 hour.
- Take oil into a pan, heat it. Now add onions, bay leaves, black cardamoms, black peppercorns, cloves and sauté until onions turn golden brown and black cardamoms start leaving aroma.
- Add cauliflower florets, French beans & carrots and stir cook them for a minute on low flame.
- Now mix strained rice into the pan along with red chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala and salt. Mix them well.
- Add yogurt and mix. Put in green peas and water over it about 1&1/2 inch above rice and cook it in steam covered by lid.
- Take out in a serving platter and serve hot garnished with mint leaves or coriander.
Try it at your home and enjoy its taste….
I hope you would like it. Tell me via your comments.
If you found this recipe delicious, do share it with your near and dear ones.