After a break from updating of recipes, yesterday I acquainted you all with Funky nail art, my last post; today again I am here with a new delicious recipe.
Yesterday I cooked rajma in dinner. I gave it a name Rajsi Rajma as when you eat it, you feel heavenly, king of the world, Rajsi (of the king and for the king/royal).
Initially I did not use to like Rajma at all. I used to hear from many people that their favorite dish is Rajma rice but I thought how their favorite dish could be Rajma where I don’t like it. Likes do differ from person to person. But once I had it in my lunch in cafeteria of my college. I relished it too much. I thought I should have its recipe from its cook J so that I can also cook and enjoy it anytime but I ignored that at that point of time as I didn’t have much interest in cooking those days. But later one day I was remembering my college days, that Rajma dish came to my mind and I learnt that Rajma recipe from my mom. On that day I tried that first time. Later cooked on many occasions with different variations and a recipe of Rajma came up in my style that I want to share with you all.
Here I go with the recipe-
Time taken- 30 min
Category- Main course
Red kidney beans- 1 cup/200g
Green chilly-2 chopped
Cinnamon-1 inch stick
Ginger garlic paste-1 tbsp
Red chilly Powder-1tsp
Coriander Powder- 2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder-1tsp
Dry mango Powder-1tsp
Steps to follow-
- Soak Kidney beans for overnight. Later Pressure cook to boil
- Take 1tbsp of oil in wok and heat it. Put onions and all whole spices and sauté until onions turn golden brown and spices star crackling.
- Add tomatoes, green chillies and sauté a little more until they soften. Turn off the flame and grind this mixture of whole spices, onions, green chillies and tomatoes into a thick paste. This will help in making the gravy thick and consistent. And sautéed ground whole spices will add more flavor.
- Now again put 1 tbsp of oil in wok again. Let it heat and add bay leaves, Ginger garlic paste and powdered spices and sauté. Add ground paste and mix well.
- Add soaked and boiled kidney beans and mix to cover whole kidney beans with the mixture.
- Add boiled water stock of kidney beans and cook under lid covered until gravy thickens.
- Serve hot with rice and enjoy the delicious Rajsi Rajma rice.
You must try this recipe today itself, I am sure you’ll like it. Cook it for your family and make them delighted.
How was the recipe? do tell me! And to make your friends updated with the recipe, keep sharing!
You may also like:
- Rajma (soulofspice.wordpress.com)
- Kidney beans / Rajma Quesadilla (thesizzlingsaucepan.com)
- Virtual Vegan Potluck – Rajma! (vegcharlotte.wordpress.com)