There are so many weddings under my schedule in coming days. Wedding season is on now, so today I have to do shopping for them. I had very less time to write for my today’s post. But still I thought to write something good for you all.
Weddings have a connection with fine class food too. It reminded me of a food item that I enjoyed in one of the weddings’ buffet and then after tried at homewhich fortunately came out a success.
So I thought to write about that and for so many days I have been updating posts about recipes of curry, then for a change in culinary, I thought to acquaint you all with one of the kinds of breads that you can enjoy with curries.
So today’s recipe is for Lachha Paratha that I liked in one of the weddings in past. It is made with whole wheat flour and it is named Lachha because it has lachhe (rings) in its pattern of making and it’s called Paratha because it is made of parats (layers) of atta (flour). It is very crispy as well as soft due to the methodinvolved in making.So here goes its recipe-
Time Taken- 20 min
Category- Main Course
Whole wheat flour-2cups
Steps to follow-
- Knead smooth dough mixing 2 tbsp of desi ghee and salt into whole wheat flour.
- Make equal round balls of dough and roll out it into round shapes.
- Spread left desi ghee evenly, as needed for whole rounds to cover.
- Divide whole round into 1 to 1.5 cm strips by folding alternatively to make pleats.
- Twist and coil into Swiss roll.
- Roll out these Swiss rolls or balls into another big round, not pressing too much on it otherwise rings will be lost,
- Take the newly made round on your palm and press a little in the centre to show rings.
- Heat the pan, drizzle some oil and cook Paratha on low flame until golden brown from both sides, patting gently to highlight the rings.
- Serve hot with curry or dal.
How was the recipe? Do tell me. Share with your friends and grab their praises!
- Paneer paratha (belesaaru.wordpress.com)
- Beetroot Paratha (dreamysap.wordpress.com)
- Spring/Green Onion Paratha – Recipe (dreamysap.wordpress.com)
- Sabudana Paratha(sago) (indianvegtadka.wordpress.com)