Butter Chicken is my favorite. Its taste is awesome. It has creamy texture that melts in mouth. Tasting it in first bite you can guess the flavor of tomatoes and tomato ketchup that springs up first on your taste buds. The main ingredient or that forms the backbone of the dish is Tomato puree and tomato ketchup. And of course as it is named Butter chicken, butter is used in large in this recipe to give creaminess.
Butter chicken involves a long list of ingredients and a long time taken while preparing and cooking. But whilst taking a look at them, you must not start panicking, how to go with it.
Once you would start going with process. It will ease up and a lovely tempting dish will come out in the end. Here is an easy way out for the dish –
Time Taken- Preparation- 1 hour
Cooking- 45 min
Category- Main Course
Chicken- ½ kg
Lemon juice- of 2 lemons
Red chilly Powder– 3 large tsp
Yogurt- 1½ cup
Green Cardamom seeds- 1tsp
Cinnamon stick-2 of 1”long
Onions- 4 diced
Turmeric Powder– 1large tsp
Coriander Powder- 2 large tsp
Fenugreek leaves (dried) – 1large tsp
Tomato Puree- 2 large cups
Fresh cream- 50g
Steps to Follow
- Wash and clean chicken pieces.
- First marinate them with lime juice, one tsp of salt and ½ tsp of chilly powder for half an hour. Again leave them marinated with yogurt, ground whole spices (cinnamon, cloves, green cardamom seeds & black Peppercorns) for another half an hour.
- Heat butter in a heavy bottomed deep pan or pressure cooker, add onions and sauté until they soften.
- Add ginger and garlic paste, powdered spices (left 1½ large tsp of red chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and fenugreek dried leaves) and sauté a little more to cook powdered spices. At this moment add little water if required so it doesn’t stick to bottom.
- Now add tomato puree and tomato ketchup and stir cook for 30 sec
- Add chicken pieces with marinade and cook with occasional stirring for 10-15 minutes until chicken loses its pinkness and turns opaque white.
- Add water stock and salt in accordance as some salt has already been added in marination. Cook for 5 whistles or for 15 min more.
- Take out in a serving dish; mix some cream over it and garnish with mint leaves or coriander. Eat with nans /tandoori rotis/rumali roti/rice of your choice.
Try out this delicious recipe and delight your family members and guests.
How was its taste, tell me via your comments. Keep sharing and liking!
Happy clicking bloggers!