Today I thought to share one recipe of spring onions which I made last evening in evening meal. I included spring onions in the meal seeing its high nutritional facts with which I came across reading one magazine. Spring onions are available throughout the year but high season is winters. So utilize its high time I made spring onions and potato fritters.
According to the magazine article, spring onions are low in cholesterol, sodium and saturated fat so helps in weight loss and maintaining optimum blood pressure.
They are high in fiber, vitamin A, C and K. Hence help in maintaining good health and digestive system. They are good appetizer and act against gastro intestinal problems.
The main nutritional benefit that excites me is that including spring onions in meals decreases flab which is great need of hour for me and for others similar like me too.
I made fritters in olive oil keeping health consciousness in mind and keeping its nutritional value intact. Here goes its recipe-
Time taken-15 min
Springs onions- 8-10bulbs with green stalks (very finely chopped)
Potatoes-2 medium (grated)
Gram flour– 2 cups
Rice flour– 1 large tbsp
Ginger garlic paste-1 large tsp
Red chilly powder-1tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Blend spice (Garam masala) – ½ tsp
Dry mango powder- 1tsp
Cumin powder-1large tsp
Green chilli-1 large (finely chopped)
Olive oil– for deep frying
Steps to follow
- Chop spring onions; both green stalks and bulbs and take grated potatoes.
- Take all other ingredients at one place and mix them together.
- Blend them well with hands mixing water as needed to make thick consistent paste.
- Now add chopped spring onions and grated potatoes and mix well.
- Heat oil in a deep pan for frying. Make fritters with hands and discharge them into oil for frying until golden brown.
You can give any shape; cylindrical, spherical round or cookie like according to your wish.
6. Take out in a serving dish and serve hot with chutney of your choice.
Enjoy the flavor of amazingly lip-smacking snacks and decor the magnificence of your togetherness with bondage of marvelous flavors.
Keep liking, sharing and commenting!
- Spring Onion and Tomatoes – Recipe (dreamysap.wordpress.com)