As I have said in one of my previous posts that I am fond of rice dishes. I like to eat rice and cook it as well in its different variants. Hence, I am here again with one variant of rice dish. It is somewhat similar to Mixed Veg Pulao as it is also a Pulao recipe blended with different vegetables but it is slight different in flavor because it is cooked in a bit larger quantity of spices and vegetables used are marinated in yogurt. So it is different in way of its cooking and flavor.
Pulao is cooked in Steam (Dum) with marinated vegetables and its flavor & way of cooking is similar to Biryani( texture of Biryani is somewhat different) that’s why I call it Vegetables Dum Biryan Pulao.
Vegetables Dum Biryan Pulao is very flavorsome because of spices used and Flavor of Pulao mingled with different vegetables tastes delicious. And aroma of Pulao is exotic out of the world. It is so tempting; you can’t deter yourself eating it. Ohh… I think it’s enough of talking about its flavor, I can’t wait telling you about its recipe and after cooking you won’t be able to avoid eating it. Let’s get on to recipe:
Time taken- For Preparation- 30 min
For cooking- 20 min
Category- Main Course
Basmati Rice- 2½ cups
Green Peas- ½ cup
Green capsicum- 2
French beans- 5-6
Yogurt- 1½ cups
Lemon juice- of 1
Red chilly powder- 1½ tsp
Turmeric Powder- ½ tsp
Coriander Powder- 1 large tsp
Blend Spice (Garam masala) – 1 tsp
Fenugreek leaves (Kasoori Methi) – 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
Fried onions- 1tbsp
Salt- to season
Cinnamon Sticks- 2
Black cardamoms- 2
Black Peppercorns- 8-10
Oil- 1 tbsp
Any Dough – to seal
Steps to Follow-
- Wash and chop all the vegetables.
- Marinate with all the ingredients under “For Marinating” and keep aside for half an hour.
- While vegetables are marinating, soak Basmati rice for half an hour too.
- When rice get soaked and vegetables get marinated; heat oil in deep pan and sauté all the whole spices.
- Now add soaked, washed and strained rice into the pan and sauté until get done. Give it flavor with a bit of salt and mix.
- Add marinated vegetables with marinade and mix well.
- Pour in some water; the quantity must be just to submerge the ½ of the rice/moisten and cook under steam with lid covered and sealed with dough from the edges. Firstly cook on high flame for 5 min and then on low flame for 10-15 min.
- Take out in a serving platter and serve hot.
Hope you all liked…. Try it out and keep sharing its taste and way of cooking to take hold of delicious flavor.
You may also Like:
- Easy Vegetable Pulao (Rice) or Biryani Dish (getcluedincolorado.com)
- Palak Raita (Spinach Raita or Spinach in Yogurt Dressing) (femmehavenn.wordpress.com)