I had mushrooms left in hand after making Kadhai Mushroom Masala Curry. I thought to make some rice dish combining them with rice. As I have already told in the post of recipe for Kadhai Mushroom Masala Curry, mushrooms are very nutritious; rich source of potassium and other trace elements along with good supplier of vitamin D. Thus, it is much needed ingredient of our everyday meal. It is deliciously soft in taste and when it is cooked with spices and rice, its flavor is exceptionally scrumptious. This dish is a bit spicy with more of the tang of Tomatoes, delicious flavor of softly cooked mushrooms blended well with flavorsome rice, beautiful yellow texture of rice garnished green with cilantro and aroma of rice is extraordinarily tempting. Hmmm, let’s go making this dish coz I can’t wait cooking and tasting this yummy dish.
Time taken- For Preparation- 15-30 min
For Cooking- 15-20 min
Category– Main Course
Basmati Rice- 250 g
Mushrooms- ¾ cup (chopped)
Tomato puree- 1 cup
Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tbsp
Onions- 2-3 (sliced)
Turmeric- ¼ tsp
Red chilly Powder- 1 tsp
Black Peppercorns- 8-10
Cinnamon sticks- 2
Salt- to taste
Oil- 2 tbsp
Cilantro- to garnish
Steps to Follow-
- Soak rice for 15-30 min
- Heat oil in a deep pan and sauté all whole spices (cloves, black peppercorns, black cardamom, cinnamon sticks).
- Then add onions and sauté more until they are soft and light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, tomato puree, powdered spices (turmeric and red chilly powder) & salt and sauté until oil starts leaving from sides.
- Add soaked and strained rice and mix well.
- Pour in some liqueur to roughly submerge the rice and spread mushrooms over it.
- Firstly cook lid covered on high flame for 5 min and then medium to low flame for 10-15 min.
- Take out in serving platter and serve hot garnished with cilantro.
Try out and enjoy its flavor with everyone.
- Risotto. Therefore, Mock Chicken Stock. (whenitsathome.wordpress.com)
- Paneer Makhani/ Paneer Butter Masala (femmehavenn.wordpress.com)