It’s high time for full flourished growing of carrots. Beautiful red fresh carrots are easily available in markets these days. So why don’t we cook gajar (carrot) ka Halwa(pie) today. Let’s serve gajar ka halwa as dessert in today’s meal. What say? Done? Okay done. Carrots are rich source of vitamin A, good for eyesight! Eat lots of carrots in winters and enhance your eyesight so that you can see and distinguish things in heavy foggy weather 😉 good one no 🙂
Gajar ka halwa is so sweet and that sweetness melts in mouth. Cooked carrots are sugary soft and sweet, granular creamy texture of almond paste and milk blended well with sweet carrots. Aroma of rose essence and cardamom powder is temptingly sweet. Hhhmmm… mouthwatering! So can’t wait making it. Let’s go with the recipe-
Time Taken- For Preparation- 10 min
For cooking– 20 min
For Cooking- 20 min
Milk- 1¼ cup
Sugar– 1/2 cup
Almonds (blanched and ground) – 1/2 cup Paste
Condensed milk– 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder- 1 tsp
Rose essence- 1 tsp
Desi ghee/ clarified butter- 1 tbsp
Pistachio nuts- 5-6 (chopped) to garnish
Steps to Follow-
- Wash and Grate all the carrots.
- Heat clarified butter in a heavy bottomed pan. Add grated carrots and stir cook for a min ( you will see red color of carrots will start changing to orangish red)
- Now add milk and stir well for half a min.
- Add sugar and condensed milk while stirring the milk.
- Mix almond paste and cook closed with occasional stirring so that carrots don’t stick at bottom. Cook until mixture of carrots and milk get dried.
- Turn off flame and sprinkle cardamom powder & rose essence and mix.
- Serve hot or chilled garnished with pistachio nuts.
- Gaajar ka halwa (sanacooks.wordpress.com)