This time I am going to share a festive season Christmas Special recipe. This recipe is no- bake, instant to make and scrumptious dessert. Most of the time we ready batter for cookies and cakes and leave that in microwave to get baked on its own electronically. But there is some unique pleasure seeing ingredients of dish getting cooked live; changing its texture, simmering, bubbling slowly on flame.
Here is the recipe of no- bake Oats and Chocolate Cookies. It is C3 i.e. creamy, crunchy and chocolaty. There is great contrast of chocolaty creamy mixture of cocoa powder, sugar, milk and unsalted butter with crunchy oats and coconut flakes. Let’s go with the recipe-
Time Taken- 20min
Servings/Yield- 10-12 cookies
Cocoa Powder- ¼ cup
Icing Sugar- 1 cup
Unsalted butter- ½ cup
Milk- ½ cup
Oats- 1 cup
Dry Coconut flakes- ½ cup
Vanilla essence- 1 tsp
Steps to Follow-
- Mix Cocoa powder, icing sugar, ¼ cup of butter and milk in a deep pan.
- Boil this mixture stirring regularly on low flame. Boil hard for 1-2 min to make this mixture creamy.
- Now cook closed for ½ a min on low flame again.
- Remove lid and again stir regularly until mixture thickens, doesn’t stick to bottom and sides and on stirring it gives a binding mix.
- Turn off flame. Add 1/4th cup of left butter( to make mixture more creamy), oats, coconut flakes & vanilla essence and mix.
- Stand this mix for 10 min with occasional stirring so that oats properly absorb the chocolaty syrup into them.
- Take out on a waxed paper or butter rubbed aluminum tray. When mixture acquires a hand bearing temp, roll them into balls or cut into cubes.
- Serve garnished with sprinkled icing sugar.
Try these oats and chocolate cookies and get them ready to serve the Santa in Christmas feast. May this Christmas be the merry one for you all!