Here is again one Dessert recipe to deck up your festive mood of Christmas. The recipe is Sweet Nutty Dates Cookies which is again a no-bake one and instant to make like Oats and Chocolate Cookies. The name is complete in it and clarifies whole of its special ingredients. As name implies it is very sweet and sugary that only one cookie would suffice to your one platter of dessert. Don’t worry about your sugar diet; you can put hold on your diet consciousness on this auspicious occasion. You can’t resist sweets in festivity, it’s incomplete without sweet. Being very much diet conscious, you can use diet sugar instead. On one side where it has high calories of sugar, other ways dietary fiber, vitamin- B complex, other trace elements and minerals consisting dates are making it a balanced option and healthy choice. So don’t hesitate quenching your sweet taste buds this Christmas, that knocks your door only once a year.
Along with sugary sweet savor, it is crunchy nutty because of peanuts used. It is smooth and chewy as dates have got dissolved uniformly in the preparatory cookie mixture. Egg is used to give a binding to the mixture and make it easy to shape them. Vanilla essence smells really pleasant. Okay, let’s get on to the recipe-
Time Taken- 30 min
Servings- 5 cookies
Unsalted Butter- ¼ cup
Dates- ½ cup (chopped)
Icing sugar- ½ cup
Egg- 1 (beaten well)
Peanuts- 1 cup (finely chopped/ roughly ground like for one whirl)
Vanilla essence- 1 tsp
Steps to follow-
- Heat butter on low flame. Mix sugar and dates.
- On low flame, cook this mixture stirring constantly; beat, pat and mix regularly with ladle for 5 minutes to blend both well.
- Add beaten egg while stirring mixture frequently.
- Keep stirring this mixture until egg blends uniformly in mixture, and mixture gets thickened and obtains a binding consistency.
- Add peanuts and vanilla essence and mix
- Let it stand until it cools off and acquires hand bearable temp. Divide this mixture in equal proportions and give them a shape of a ball or square shaped biscuit (like I did). Coat with icing sugar or you can use powdered coconut too. Serve warm or chilled.
You can also spread that mixture uniform on waxed tray or paper and let that cool off and then cut into cubes. After that coating can be done.
Serve the dessert and enjoy with all members of the family on celebration eve. Make your Christmas even merrier with this dessert.
You may also like:
- Choco and Cream Semifreddo Recipe (stepintothecruz.wordpress.com)
- Italian Christmas Cookies Recipe (thepinkgourmet.wordpress.com)