Today I am going to share one of my experimental dishes which I have named Chinese omelet base with macaroni toppings. It was an experimental one but luckily came out fine well. Name is self explanatory and telling what kind of dish it would be. I have included various vegetables used in Chinese dishes which I have cooked in light soy sauce. It is giving Chinese touch to the dish and I have prepared Macaroni toppings using various sauces and cheddar cheese. It can be called a great fusion of two cuisines, Chinese and Italian. Both have got merged together so well that when these two flavors give a unified taste in mouth, the feeling that comes is amazing.
When you’ll take a bite, you’ll find saucy creamy peppery macaroni fused with flavorsome soft omelet having crunchy veggies. It was awesome.
That time I had not taken breakfast and it was getting late to have it. So I was so much eager to eat, that I left garnishing with cheese and gobbled like that 🙂 . You can have it in breakfast or can eat as any time light meal/starter/appetizer/snacks. Okay let’s go for noting down its recipe-
Time Taken- For Preparation-15 min
For cooking- 15 min
Servings/ yield- 1
Eggs- 4 (well beaten)
Macaroni- 1 cup
Carrot- 1 (finely diced)
Cabbage- 1/8 (in Julianne)
Capsicum- 1 (finely diced)
French Beans– 3 (finely chopped)
Broccoli- 4 small florets (each floret separated into other smaller ones)
Caraway powder- ½ tsp
Pepper powder- 1½ tsp
Light soy sauce- 1 tsp
Dark soy sauce- ½ tbsp
Tomato sauce– 3½ tbsp
Processed/cheddar cheese- 2 blocks
Parmesan cheese– to garnish
Salt- to taste
Butter- 2 tbsp
Steps to follow-
Firstly we’ll go for preparing macaroni toppings-
- Boil water in a deep pan; when water starts boiling add macaroni with small amount of salt and let it soften to a standard and get done. Strain and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter; add onions and sauté until they start softening.
- Lower the flame and add macaroni. Stir cook for ½ a min.
- Mix Tomato sauce, chilli sauce, dark soy sauce, 1 tsp of pepper and little amount of salt. Muddle them up.
- Add cheese and cook to melt. Take out and keep aside. Let’s go for making Chinese omelet base-
- Take a non-stick pan, heat 1 tbsp of butter. Add all the chopped and diced Chinese vegetables and stir cook for a minute.
- Season it with small amount of salt; and add caraway powder and ½ tsp of pepper.
- Add light soy sauce and stir to mix. Cook until they get soft yet crunchy.
- Pour in spreading the beaten eggs in circle.
- Cook this omelet base on low flame until gets cooked and becomes light brown on lower side.
- Keep simmering it on low flame until top side gets semi cooked/ gets ¾ done. Take out in a serving dish as it is and top the upper ¾ cooked side with macaroni toppings.
If you wish you can flip it and cook other side too. After then cover it with toppings of macaroni.
Serve hot garnished with grated parmesan cheese/processed cheese and enjoy.
- Macaroni and Cheese & Recipe for Macaroni and Cheese | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Recipe for Low fat, Gourmet Homemade Macaroni and Cheese (sareewearingmama.wordpress.com)
- Dinner Tonight: Macaroni cheese with tomatoes (thetimes.co.uk)