Hello Bloggers and all my readers! A very Happy New Year to you all, my heartiest wishes are with you to have a splendid year ahead. I know it’s a bit late but sorry I couldn’t upload any post to greet. I was on a break and breaks are also necessary to have a rejuvenated inception towards joyous expedition of whole year. I think this stint of gap between two posts is longest so far since I started blogging. Nevertheless, I tried and tested various new dishes during this stint. And those left a remarkable flavor on my taste buds will be shared in my future posts.
I thought to give a refreshing start to a fresh year for keeping it even more refreshing and enthusiastic both personally and on blogging platform. Here are two refreshing and lip-smacking smothies’ recipes which will revitalize you on the whole. Both are yummy, instant in making and very startling. Both have common papaya base. Papaya is a good ingredient to form a base for smoothie. It is rich source of vitamin C and has anti- inflammatory properties hence prevent from common cold and advisable to be eaten in winters. It has vitamin A, B- complex, E & K and higher value of Potassium, calcium, magnesium and other minerals too. Its lycopene and carotene contents prevent lung and other oral cancers. It is known as “The fruit of the angels” by Christopher Columbus. Conclusively it can be said as a healthy choice to chose as a base ingredient for smoothie. You can opt it eating in fruit salads or like that too; the thing that to be noted here, you get incorporated with all of its nutrients in your diet. I haven chosen it for smoothie to give a yummy twist to simple sweet flavor of papaya. Let’s go for making smoothies-
Time Taken– For Preparation– 10 min
For Making– 5 min
Servings– 1 each
For Apple-Papaya Smoothie
Papaya- 2 cups
Apple- 1 cored
Lime juice- of ½ lemon
Honey- 1 tbsp
Vanilla essence- ½ tsp
Pomegranate juice- 2 tbsp
Caramelized sugar- 1 tbsp
Apple cubed small-1 tbsp
Water- as needed or ½ cup
For Ginger- Papaya Smoothie
Papaya- 1½ cup
Yogurt (Plain, non sour) – ½ cup
Ginger- ¾ tbsp (peeled and chopped)
Honey- 1 tbsp
Hazelnut syrup- 1 tsp
Ginger- ¼ tsp (finely chopped) to garnish
Steps to follow-
Let’s make Apple- Papaya Smoothie first
- Blend Papaya, apple and carrot adding small amount of water. Add some more water until you get required consistency of smoothie.
- Add lime juice, honey and vanilla essence and give a small whirl again.
- Take a long glass, put in cubed apples. Pour in pomegranate juice and add in caramelized sugar to form a ring.
- Now pour in blended smoothie mixture, garnish lemon wedge on glass’s edge and serve chilled.
Hhhmmm… yummy, lip-smacking. Let’s go for making Ginger- Papaya Smoothie
- Blend Papaya, yogurt, and ginger. If needed add some water to get required consistency of smoothie.
- Add in hazelnut syrup & honey. Blend again.
- Pour in a glass and garnish with chopped ginger.
- Decorate glass with a lemon wedge and serve chilled.
Enjoy healthy yummy smoothie.
Linking to nandoo’s kitchen’s event healthy breakfast
- The Avocado Smoothie Your Kids Will Love (learningasigotips.wordpress.com)
- Orange Smoothie (paleomomontherun.com)
- Mango Smoothie Includes Papaya and Carrots (bestfruitsmoothies.com)