Haryali Palak kofta, as name indicates, has Palak (spinach) as main ingredient. It has spinach in its balls and in gravy too, so it has green kind of texture, that’s why named as Haryali (greenery) Kofta.
Haryali Palak kofta comprises of two Parts: kofta balls and gravy. Kofta balls are fried balls made of chopped spinach, mixture of flours and few flavoring ingredients soaked in gravy or sauce having many ingredients included, are talked about below.
Haryali kofta or Haryali Palak kofta also enjoys a greatly ordered kind of place in restaurant’s menu and it forms a much eminent situate in Party’s List of delicacies.
I personally like it much because of its flavorsome gravy, thick, rich, creamy, spicy and full of melting flavors. It’s just awesome. When kofta balls absorb gravy’s flavors, their flavors get enhanced to just awesomest!
If you are encountering with the hindrance of not being able to cook restaurant-like Kofta at home. Forget about that, and follow this recipe. I can assure, you’ll surely be able to cook Haryali Kofta as of restaurant, same rich and flavorful. It’s been tried and tasted by me and my family. They admired and certified it as Home made Restaurant like Haryali Kofta 🙂 . So are you ready to prepare the same? Let’s see how it goes-
Time taken- 30 min
Servings/ Yield- 14-16 koftas (4-6 servings)
Category- Main course
For Kofta balls
Spinach- 300g (finely chopped)
Onion-2 medium (chopped)
Roasted Gram flour- 2 cups
Roasted Corn flour- ½ cup
Green chillies- 2 (finely chopped)
Red Chilly Powder– 2 tsp
Garam masala(Blend Spice)- ½ tsp
Turmeric- ¼ tsp
Water- ½ cup
Salt- to taste
Oil- to deep fry
Ginger- ½ inch
Cumin seeds– 1½ small tsp
Red chilly Powder- 2 tsp
Coriander Powder- 1½ tsp
Turmeric- ½ tsp
Garam Masala(Blend spice)- 1 tsp
Spinach Puree- 1¾ cups
Dry fenugreek leaves- 1 tbsp
Fresh Cream- 50 ml
Salt- to taste (adjust as already, we have it in kofta balls)
Steps to follow-
Let’s make kofta balls first
- Mix all the ingredients under “For Kofta balls” except water. When all ingredients are mixed well, slowly add water as much as required for binding consistency of mixture.
- With the help of hands, roll small portion of mixture into lemon sized ball (don’t make larger ones as they’ll puff up on frying b’coz of baking powder). Likewise make all balls with whole mixture.
- Heat oil to deep fry. Fry all the balls until golden brown. Keep these balls aside.
Next we’ll prepare gravy-
- Grind tomatoes, 3 onions (1 for later), garlic cloves, and ginger into a puree.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add cumin seeds to pop and add chopped onion to sauté until soft and light brown.
- Now add in freshly prepared puree (prepared above), red chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric, garam masala, salt and sauté until it starts leaving oil.
- Put in spinach puree, fried kofta balls and ½-1cup water. Let it simmer on low heat for 2-3 minute so that kofta balls absorb gravy flavors.
- Now give a final touch by mixing fresh cream and sprinkle dry fenugreek leaves.
- Take out Haryali Palak kofta in a serving dish and serve hot garnished with cream. Enjoy with naans, lachha parathas or any bread of your choice.
Hope you liked this Flavorful Haryali Palak Kofta.
- Malai Kofta in Tomato gravy (indianvegtadka.com)
- Chhanar kofta/Cottage cheese balls in creamy gravy (spicesandpisces.wordpress.com)
- Malai Kofta ki Curry (foodinkitchen.com)
- Palak Rice (notecook.com)
- Haryali Kebab (culinaryexpression.wordpress.com)
- Palak Paneer- The Famous North-Indian vegetable curry (saastastebuds.wordpress.com)
- High-Protein Breakfast Recipe (leanonlife.com)
- Vegan Kofta Curry from Tandoor Chef Frozen Meals (vegontherun.com)