Cutlets form a perfect component of appetizer, easy and instant to make. One such very nutritious, protein and calcium-rich, quick to make appetizer is Soya cutlets. There are so many varied kinds of cutlets but Soya cutlets have uniquely exceptional taste.
Soya cutlets possess a distinguished flavor involving soft puffy Soya granules blended with spicy, sour, a bit sweet flavored ingredients. They can also be a good nutritious meal for tiffins due to their quick to make feature. Let’s get on to the recipe quickly-
Time Taken- 15 min
Servings/Yield- 8 cutlets
Soya granules (Soya choora) – 1 cup
Cumin seeds– 1 tsp
Green chillies- 2 (finely chopped)
Garlic-4 (crushed and finely chopped)
Onion-1 (finely chopped)
Ginger– ½ inch (finely chopped)
Red chilly Powder– 1 tsp
Dry mango Powder- 1tsp
Tomato ketchup– 1 tsp
Corn starch– 4 tbsp
Salt- to taste
Oil- 1 tbsp
Steps to follow-
- Soak Soya granules in warm water for 10 min.
- Strain and squeeze out excess water pressing with hands.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and add cumin seeds to crackle.
- Then add chopped onion, green chillies & ginger and sauté until onions start browning.
- Now add Soya granules and other remaining ingredients including salt. Keep stirring for 1-2 min until granules get dry and cooked.
- Take out in a bowl and add binding material i.e. Corn starch. Properly mix to obtain pliable mixture (As Soya granules are moist, they may need a bit extra corn flour to obtain pliable mixture).
- Start shaping small portions of mixture into cutlet form. Similarly make all cutlets.
- Heat a pan and drizzle some oil to shallow fry. When base side starts getting golden brown, turn to brown other side too.
- Serve out in a serving dish with sauce or chutney.
- Tapioca/Kappa Cutlet (curryworld.wordpress.com)
- Ghatte- Paneer Jalfrayzee (parwatisingari.wordpress.com)
- Paneer- soya jalfrazee. (plinkyprompt.wordpress.com)
- Special Avoli/Karimeen Pollichathu (curryworld.wordpress.com)
- Kacche Kele ke Cutlets (Raw Bananas Cutlets) (femmehavenn.wordpress.com)
- Rajma Kebabs (kidney beans Kebabs) (femmehavenn.wordpress.com)