Usually people especially children don’t like to consume fruits in their original form, they prefer juices instead. But the nutrition and health benefits fruits can provide in their unprocessed form, they get destroyed while preparing juices and during processing. They supply high fibrous diet, roughage, many innumerable nutrients and vitamins when consumed unprocessed. But people usually don’t prefer eating them as whole; the reason might be they don’t like the pulpy mushy content of fruits and the really luring lip-smacking part of fruits appears only their juice. But the real essence of fruit nutrition lies in pulpy mushy content of fruits having roughage, fibrous content, antioxidants and many other nutrients of many fruits together rather than one whole fruit are good for digestive system, skin and full body as a whole.
Here is one dessert recipe which would be everyone’s favorite and would surely help you all consuming fruits in their original form accompanying all health benefits along in a very tempting platter.
Most of you must be knowing it: Mixed fruits custard, a very easy, quick to make, mouth-watering, and most importantly very healthy. I had some fruits lurking to be consumed; I liked to prepare mixed fruits custard of vanilla flavor. You can prepare it with any other flavor also. And in this dessert you don’t have any restrictions of using the quantity and kind of ingredients except the ratio of milk and custard powder. You can use any combination of fruits in any complementary quantity to that of milk.
Let’s see how I went with making of custard with available fruits with me.
Time Taken- 15 min
Custard Powder- 2 tbsp (Any flavor, I have taken Vanilla)
Milk- 500 ml + ¼ cup (from 500 ml only)
Pomegranate seeds- of 1 medium-sized
Apple- 1 (diced small)
Bananas- 2 medium-sized (diced)
Black Grapes- 1½ cup
Strawberries- 5-6 (diced) + few to garnish
Fresh Cream- to top each serving (optional but enhances flavor)
Steps to follow
- Take all diced fruits along with whole ones like grapes and pomegranate seeds in a bowl and mix. Put it aside for later.
- Take milk in a heavy bottomed vessel to boil. When boil comes, reduce flame to medium, remove ¼ th cup from boiling milk and start stirring milk.
- Mix custard powder in ¼ th cup of milk uniformly without any lump.
- Remove vessel from flame, put in this custard milk into boiling milk
- Keep stirring milk mixture further for 2-3 minutes to avoid sticking and burning.
- Let it cool off to room temp, then mix in all mixed fruits.
- As per your wish either serve chilled or at room temp. I like it chilled. While serving, top it with dollop of fresh cream and garnish it with a strawberry at one side.
Enjoy its heavenly flavor!