Every time I had spinach this season, I went for preparing some else recipe of spinach. But last weekend coincidentally I found cottage cheese and spinach together in kitchen; I immediately made my mind to cook Palak paneer, very healthy and very delicious at the same time. I like the inseparable flavorful blend of Paneer and palak.
Palak Paneer includes Diced cottage cheese in flavorful gravy of spinach. Usage of spices and fresh tomato-puree minimizes the bitterness of spinach and imparts it delicious flavor.
Here goes its delicious recipe-
Time Taken- For Preparation- 15 min
For Cooking- 20 min
Category- Main Course (Curry)
Cottage Cheese (Paneer) – 250 g (diced)
3 tomatoes+2 green chillies- in puree
Cumin seeds- 1tsp
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
Red chilly Powder- 1 small tsp
Coriander- 1 generous tsp
Turmeric- ½ tsp
Kasoori Methi- 2 tsp
Powdered Garam Masala- 3/4 tsp
Fresh Cream- 2 tbsp
Salt- to taste
Oil- 2 tbsp
Steps to follow-
First of all we’ll proceed with its preparations
- Blanch spinach leaves, drain and blend it in a puree form. Put it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan; add in seeds to crackle.
- Put in ginger garlic paste and sauté.
- Add tomatoes’ puree & powdered spices (turmeric, red chilly powder, and coriander). Sauté it until spices-mixture separates oil.
- Put in spinach puree with salt and stir cook until spinach gets cooked well in 3-5 minutes and gravy thickens.
- Sprinkle kasoori methi and powdered garam masala. Give it a stir with addition of cream.
- Mix in Paneer dices and stir to coat dices.
- Plate up and enjoy with flat breads (like Palak Paratha if wish to go green 😉 ) or rice.
- Palak-Paratha (Spinach Flat Breads) (femmehavenn.wordpress.com)
- Paneer & Spinach Samosa (guyawford.com)
- Aloo Palak Recipe (cravecookclick.com)