Few weeks ago I had shared one recipe of Beetroot Patties which was purely vegan version but this time I opted for a different recipe of beetroot which is an eggetarian version in the form of cutlets. It has also got different flavor from Beetroot Patties as it has different spices and flavoring ingredients involved.
Beetroot Cutlets are delicious snacky food to incorporate in you the goodness and health benefits of beets. Beetroot cutlets have involved boiled potatoes for binding; fresh flavoring and spice ingredients like green chillies, coriander leaves, ginger, freshly ground pepper; tang of lemon; an outer crispness of bread crumbs coated on egg-dipped beet-cutlets.
So why wait to have this delicious-healthy dish, quickly have a look at recipe to prepare it at ease.
Time-Taken- For Preparation- 15 min
For Cooking-15 min
Beetroot- 1 large (grated)
Potatoes-3 (boiled, peeled, mashed)
Pepper- 3/4 tsp
Green chillies- 2 small (finely chopped)
Ginger- thumb sized (minced)
Cumin Seeds- 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice-3/4 tsp
Coriander leaves-1 tbsp (chopped)
Bread crumbs- 1&1/2 cups
Olive Oil- 1 tbsp+for shallow frying
Steps to follow-
1. Heat oil in a wok, throw in some cumin seeds to splutter.
2. Add in ginger and green chillies. Saute them for few seconds.
3. Add beetroot, season with salt and pepper. Stir cook for 5-10 min until gets softly cooked.
4. Remove from flame, mix some chopped coriander leaves and give it tang by drizzling some lemon juice. Keep it aside to cool down to room temp.
5. Mix mashed potatoes to the beetroot mixture and prepare a pliable dough like mixture.
6. Take one small portion of dough mixture and give it the shape of round cutlets, dip in egg and coat with bread crumbs.
7. Likewise make all cutlets and shallow fry them until they turn golden brown from all over.
8. Serve hot and delicious beetroot cutlets with savoury green dip (As beets taste a bit sweet despite adding spiced flavoring ingredients,a savoury dip would pair up well).
- Beetroot Patties (femmehavenn.wordpress.com)
- Healthy Beetroot Paratha (curryworld.wordpress.com)
- Amazing Beetroot! 2 recipes for you to try (jalihenrypersonaltrainer.wordpress.com)
- Tricolored Raita (Beetroot-Cucumber-Tomato salad in Yogurt) (femmehavenn.wordpress.com)
- Beets with cumin seeds and tomatoes (nami-nami.blogspot.com)
- Mums style Beetroot Upkari..!! (kelipaan.com)