In summers, the most essential requirement of the body and mind is to feel cool and refreshing to fight against scorching heat. Don’t let the summer heat triumph over you. Thus here is one chilled refreshing fruity way out to beat the heat in the fight. YoHooo…… yeah it’s Papaya FroYo (Frozen-Yogurt) helping you triumph over heat. FroYo is an acronym to Frozen Yogurt and a far cousin of Ice-cream; not ice-cream but similar to it, equally tempting and lip-smacking. Hence it can also be said, it is an Ice-cream of Papaya with frozen yogurt instead of Milk.
You can amalgamate any fruit of your choice with frozen yogurt to obtain other fruit flavored FroYo. I have chosen papaya for this time which I was finding a good blend with plain yogurt. You can think of its flavor assuming the blend of both. Highly sweet papaya, mushy sweet papaya pulp combined with creamy soft and smooth non-sour yogurt. Absolutely tempting and scrummy like Ice-cream!
This Papaya FroYo is accompanying not only chilly freshening yogurt, a delight of summer but also goodness of many health benefits associated with papaya; about which I talked in the post of Papaya Smoothies.
This summer FroYo-s served with other mixed fruits and crushed whole grains are totally “In” among the trends of summer delight foods. These not only strike your taste buds with flavorsome taste and refresh your body and mind; but they also incorporate goodness of mixed fruits and whole grains. I personally enjoy eating it and love its fruity chilly Ice-creamy flavor. Oh just can’t wait to taste it 🙂
Let’s move ahead with the recipe to prepare another slot before this one gets finished-
Time Taken- For Preparation- 5-6 hrs
For Freezing- 3-4 hrs minimum or more
Non-sour/Plain Yogurt- 2 cups
Papaya-1/2 cup (Diced roughly)
Sugar- ½ cup
Vanilla Essence-1/2 tsp
For garnished Serving-
Papaya- ¼ cup (diced small)
Or any other combination of fruits, you like.
Corn flakes+ Roasted Peanuts- ¼ cup (Crushed)
Chocolate Syrup- little bit
Steps to follow-
Let’s start with its preparation part
- Take 2 cups of yogurt in a muslin cloth and tie it up. Suspend it over a bowl for 5 hrs to catch falling yogurt fluid. You may also keep it hanging inside your refrigerator (because if temperature is hot outside it may turn the yogurt sour. 2 cups of yogurt will give 1 cup of hung-curd or hung-yogurt)
- Meanwhile dice papaya and keep it in refrigerator for same duration.
- After 5-6 hrs, take both(diced papaya and hung-curd) out and put in a blender along with sugar and vanilla essence. Blend it uniformly sans any lump until it’s light and soft.
- Take out this Papaya-yogurt mix in a freezer tray. Tap a bit and freeze it for 3-4 hrs (3-4 hrs of freezing will give creamy soft frozen yogurt like Ice-cream, and further freezing will tend it to more icily. But still scoopable and will acquire same creamy softness like ice-cream after few minutes of cooling off).
- After freezing, take out to serve. Take one serving bowl or cup; spread a layer of fruits (few grapes, few diced papaya, cut oranges or diced mango or any fruit of your choice) Top this fruits layer with Papaya Frozen-Yogurt. Garnish with few other fruits.
Quickly relish this cool and refreshing summer-delight before it starts melting 🙂 .
Hope you like this refreshing joy. Try out and enjoy the delightful flavor with whole family.
If you find it worth please don’t hesitate sharing it with others. Because you know sharing is caring. You can share it by a single click on any of the buttons following “Share this:”
- Fro’ Yo’ is Fun for all!! (playingbakersfield.wordpress.com)
- Vegan Fro Yo…Whaaaat. (rachelripley6.wordpress.com)