Palak Raita is a delicious way to intake spinach in a very scrumptious way. Spinach gets muddled with yogurt in a very delectable manner in Raita and leaves no trace of its bitterness in the upshot form. Last time when I updated the post of Raita; it was a Tricolored Raita combining three ingredients, totally distinguished from each other in the resultant Raita, giving it three colors all in flair. On the contrary this time I went Green (Only one colored Raita and that is “Green”) inspired from “Go Green” Movement ;).
Well, in Palak Raita I blended spinach in yogurt uniformly without leaving any white trace of yogurt. Many a times Palak Raita is also prepared mixing roughly chopped blanched spinach in yogurt. But Palak Raita prepared by former method looks to me more apt, tasty and more importantly a bright greeny tempting look.
Let’s check out easy and instant recipe for a great tasting accompaniment, Palak Raita-
Time Taken- 10 min
Spinach- 1 generous handful bunch (stemmed)
Yogurt- 1 cup
Water- ¼ cup (if yogurt is too thick) + to blanch
Roasted Cumin Powder- 2 tsp
Red Chilli-1 (chopped)
Cumin Seeds-1 tsp
Curry Leaves-4-5 (torn)
Oil- ½ tbsp
Steps to follow-
- Blanch spinach in enough water until it just starts wilting. Drain out.
- Puree it with one green chilli.
- Mix this spinach puree in yogurt with roasted cumin powder, salt and ¼ cup of water (you can use the water used in blanching). Whisk this mixture uniformly.
- Prepare the tempering by heating oil in a tempering pan. Add in ingredients under “To temper”. Let them splutter.
- When ingredients start changing color, empty the prepared tempering over whisked mixture spinach and yogurt.
- Serve delicious healthy Raita with Biryani or Pulao-rice.
- Palak-Paneer (Spinach- Cottage Cheese Curry) (femmehavenn.wordpress.com)
- Spinach raita- Palak raita! (vinicooksveg.wordpress.com)
- Tricolored Raita (Beetroot-Cucumber-Tomato salad in Yogurt) (femmehavenn.wordpress.com)
- Palak Paneer (Indian Spinach Cheese) (oshividhu.wordpress.com)
- TRADITIONALLY TASTY SPINACH & INDIAN COTTAGE CHEESE (Palak Paneer) (davidthompsoncafeteria.wordpress.com)
- Palak Chicken Recipe (cravecookclick.com)