Gazpacho is a Spanish soup generally made with tomatoes, onions, bread, and in combination with other few vegetables. It is a good soup for summers and served chilled to confer coolness in hot weather. This Gazpacho differs in its main ingredient which is beetroot in place of tomatoes.
Whenever I have beets available in my home’s pantry, they always have to wait for their turn to get used up in any dish. Because no one at home including me, likes beetroots in any form besides one or two dishes like Beetroot Patties or Beetroot cutlets. This time also these beets were innocently waiting for their turn:), which drew my attention towards them ;). How sweet beets are? I always say like this 🙂
Without making them wait too much, I tried this Beetroot Gazpacho, which I came across with, meanwhile, luckily at Archana’s Kitchen. There the recipe differs in few ingredients from what I tried and have shared here. There the recipe was also a twisted version, which I twisted even more to make it suitable to our taste with few minute add-ons. This soup came out well nice and quite tasty but still failed to be my family’s favourite. Don’t know when the day will come to appear, when beetroot’s any dish will be anyone’s favorite at my home. 🙂
But if you are a beetroot lover then, this soup is a quite delectable way to include beets in diet. So to make it at home easily, have a look at the recipe-
Time Taken- For Preparation- 10 min
For Making- 5 min
Beetroots- 3 small (Boiled, peeled, chopped)
Red Onion- 1 medium (roughly chopped)
Tomato- 1 medium (roughly chopped)
Garlic- 5 cloves (chopped)
Vinegar- 2 tbsp [red wine vinegar is recommended, I had synthetic vinegar, so used that]
Vegetable stock- 1½ cups
Olive oil- 4 tsp
Salt- to taste
Pepper- to taste
Low Fat Yogurt- ¼ cup + to garnish
White Bread- 1 slice (corners removed)
Steps to follow-
- Take beetroot, onion, tomato and garlic in a blender. Blend it smooth adding some stock (if required).
- Now add bread, yogurt, olive oil, vinegar and remaining vegetable stock with seasoning of salt and pepper.
- Serve chilled with garnishing of yogurt, green chilli and garlic clove. Enjoy chilled to beat the heat.
- Chilled Spanish White Gazpacho (aspoonfulofsugarbaking.com)
- Beetroot Puree (theguildfordarms.co.uk)
- Watermelon Gazpacho (fighttheinnerfoodie.wordpress.com)
- Gazpacho in Paradise (gocooking.wordpress.com)
- Healthy Gazpacho With Spicy Chiquita Banana Garnish Recipe (chiquitabananas.com)
- Summer Gazpacho (jwnutrition.wordpress.com)
- Vegetarian Gazpacho Soup Recipe (vegetarian.answers.com)