If you are checking out the updates here regularly, you would be guessing one thing from my few last updates that they all are going desserts. You know the reason? The reason is that I getting too sweet 😉 Actually I am already very sweet and now it’s reflecting in my posts 🙂
Here goes its recipe (with step by step pictures)-
Time Taken-For Preparation-10 min
For Cooking- 25 min
Mango Pulp- 1 cup
Rava/Sooji/Semolina- 1 cup
Granulated Sugar- ¾ cup
Milk- ½ cup + 1 tsp warm
Water- ½ cup
Saffron- 1 pinch
Almonds- 8 (chopped)
Cashew nuts- 8 (chopped)
Raisins- 1 tsp
Rose Essence/ Kewra jal or Cardamom Powder- 1 tsp
Clarified butter/desi ghee-1 tbsp
Few chopped nuts
Steps to follow-
- Place a deep pan on flame, put in clarified butter and melt it. Throw in semolina and start roasting it on medium-low flame. Keep doing so, frequently until it turns veerrry light brown and roast-y aroma starts leaving out from it.
- Now add in water and milk at slow pace while keeping the stir on and following this, add sugar.
- Give this all a nice stir and add in saffron dissolved milk (1 pinch saffron+ warm 1 tsp milk).
- Stir cook it with frequent stirs (to avoid sticking at bottom and sides); patting mashing, smoothing with back of flat ladle, until all moisture dries up.
- Add mango pulp and again stir cook until it becomes wholly dry.
- Turn off flame; mix in either kewra jal or cardamom powder (I added kewra jal) and dry fruits & nuts i.e. almonds, cashew nuts, and raisins.
- Take out and plate up garnished with silver leaf and nuts.
Enjoy the sweet delicious flavor of Mango Kesari
- Rava Kesari ( Sooji ka halwa) – (mealisready.wordpress.com)
- Rava Kesari (varietyfood.wordpress.com)
- Pineapple Semolina Pudding – Pineapple Kesari (greensandmeals.wordpress.com)
- Mango Halwa (curryworld.wordpress.com)
- Mango Melody (femmehavenn.wordpress.com)
- Mango Kheer/Pudding or Mambazha Payasam-A Guest Post for SimplyVegetarian777 (femmehavenn.wordpress.com)