Hot and sour Capsicum-beans Soup! Yummm….sounding delicious?? Yeah really it was; some peppery-hotness, some sourness, little bit crunch of green veggies, slurpiness of noodles…. Yes, this was the whole experience of first sip of the soup imparted on my tang buds.
Its name is clearly implying the main ingredients of the soup i.e. capsicum and beans (French beans). Along with that the other sauces, seasoning and flavoring ingredients have provided exceptionally lip-smacking flavour to the soup.
After having a post about vegetable stock, this soup’s post was destined to appear here and it’s here now. I hope y’all were already set to have a note of the recipe and for this you have already prepared vegetable stock with the help of vegetable stock’s recipe and got it refrigerated 🙂 . If you have done so the soup will be ready in few minutes.
So let’s have a look at its simple and easy recipe-
Time Taken- For Preparation- 5-10 min
For Cooking- 20 min
Capsicum- ¼ cup (diced small)
French Beans- ¼ cup (chopped small)
White Vinegar- 1 tbsp
Dark Soy Sauce- 2 tsp
Hot sauce- ½ tsp
Pepper- ¼ tsp
Garlic clove-1 (minced)
Salt- to taste
Vegetable stock– 2½ cups
Chilli Oil- 1 tbsp [to make chilli oil; add some red chilli flakes(around ½ tsp) in 1tbsp of olive oil and heat on low flame for half to one min and then strain]
Maggi noodles- 10g
Steps to follow
- Take vegetable stock in a saucepan and allow it to simmer on flame. Then add all other ingredients except maggi noodles and chilli oil.
- Let it simmer lid closed on medium flame for 15 min.
- Now add some maggi noodles and chilli oil and again leave it to simmer closed for another 5 min.
- Serve hot garnished with some greens.
- Beetroot Gazpacho (femmehavenn.wordpress.com)
- Mushroom Soup (purfeckshun.wordpress.com)
- Carrot Soup. (gwenacaster.wordpress.com)
- Thai Pumpkin Soup Recipe (cauldronsandcupcakes.com)