Corn Salad is a salad which happened just like that, when I was sneaking into my fridge to get some stuff to satiate that wild appetite which strikes very frequently to us, Great Foodies in evenings, early mornings or mid-nights :). And nothing can be too quicker than salads. Put everything raw together with a flavorful quick dressing and your appetizing platter is ready to gobble up. Subconsciously I picked up few suitable ingredients found in forefront and later when I mixed them up all, I realized it was looking so colorful; red, yellow, green. Colorful dishes are not only appealing to children but to adults too. The salad was also looking the same; hence I named it Colorful Corn Salad (CCs).
Corn Salad is not only having the goodness of Corn but also capsicum, apple and tomato. Corn is rich in Dietary fiber, is an insoluble fiber. Thus it helps preventing common problems related to digestive system like constipation & hemorrhoid. It makes you feel full, hence reduces appetite and help tackling weight issues. Here, other ingredients are also nutritious & good to include in diet like Capsicum (anti-carcinogenic, ant-diabetic, anti-bacterial), apple (Vitamin C, A, fibrous, weight loss, etc endless), Tomato (Vitamin A, C, Lycopene an antioxidant, good for skin etc). And not to forget its dressing, the lemony sour (lemon-Vit.C, anti-inflammatory etc) & slight peppery.
All in all it is very healthy and good if included in Breakfast or as evening meal. Along with its health benefits, it is tasty as well. It was sweet & tangy with a slight peppery taste.
Why waiting then, go ahead, have a look at the recipe-
Time Taken- For Preparation- 5 min
For Making- 3-5 min
Category- Salads (Starters)
American Sweet Corn- 1 cup (thawed or canned)
Capsicum- 2 tbsp
Tomato- ¼ cup
Apple- ¼ cup
Olive Oil- 1 tbsp
Lemon Juice- 1½ tbsp
Coarsely Ground Pepper- ½ tsp or to taste
Coarsely Crushed Salt/table salt- to taste
Steps to follow-
- Dice capsicum, tomato and apple in small pieces. Thaw corn if using frozen otherwise empty 1 cup corn out of can. Mix all the four ingredients above “Dressing” in a bowl and keep aside.
- Now let’s go ahead with making “Dressing/Vinaigrette”; Whisk in olive oil in lemon juice. Add salt and pepper & give a mix.
- Pour over mixed ingredients of the bowl. Toss well.
- Keep it to set in refrigerator for 15 min. Serve & then munch on. Otherwise if you are in hurry and finding such appetizing & tempting that you can’t wait :). You can have it immediately (no garnishing required sunny color-y on its own).
For recipes containing Corn, you can visit: Here
For Salads, you can visit: Here
Submitting it to:
- Charred Corn Salad with Peppers and Feta (emilyalwayscooks.com)
- Chipotle Corn and Kale Salad (theveggieslaughterhouse.wordpress.com)
- The Simplest Corn Salad (mobitesfood.com)
- Salad in a Jar: Taco Salad (whereweloveishome.wordpress.com)
- Summer Corn Salad (cookingthroughcrazy.com)
- Recipe HIT – Corn, Tomato & Feta Salad (myblondeambitionblog.com)