Hariyali Aloo Chaat, a savory -chatpati chaat of boiled potatoes coated with hot-tangy coriander/cilantro blend which is making it to look greener (hara/hariyali).
Sounds of word “Chaat” itself makes one to drool. And when whether is mildly cold, relishing a hot savory chaat like hot-tangy Hariyali Aloo Chaat becomes an unmatched delish experience. I was enjoying it on the same mild chilly evening with infrequent sips of masala chai in between which were making it even more pleasurable.
You might worry at times that you have a huge coriander lot in your refrigerator which you have not used in any other form except garnishing and is going to wilt & get spoiled soon. Then, you can use it in this chaat which involves just a minor of cooking, just boiling (of potatoes) & is fat-free (no oil) too. With fresh condiments & few other spices, this chaat with simple recipe acquires mouth-watering flavor.
Again if you want some other recipe that can help you utilizing your coriander leaves is a Chutney recipe named Chatpati Chutney. Soon, I am going to share another recipe of coriander which will be a main dish. But for now let’s enjoy this Chaat:
Time Taken- For Preparation- 20 min
For Making- 2 min
Small Potatoes- 10 (boiled & cut roundly)
Coriander Leaves/Cilantro (hari Dhaniya) – 3 cups (roughly chopped, each cup measuring 250 ml)
Green Chillies- 6-7 medium
Garlic- 1 large pod
Ginger- ½ “piece
Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) – 2 tsp
Chaat Masala Powder- ½ tsp
Crushed Roasted Cumin Powder- 1 tsp
Lemon- to drizzle acc. to taste (optional)
Salt- to taste
Steps to follow-
- Boil potatoes with a bit of salt until they are tender ((let them stiffly boiled, don’t overboil)). Peel off and then cut in rounds. Keep aside in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile take coriander leaves, green chillies, garlic & ginger in a blender & blend smooth adding just a tbsp or two of water to ease blending.
- Now mix seasonings; dry mango powder, chaat masala powder, crushed cumin powder & salt. Again give churns to mix well.
- Add this coriander pesto/ dhaniya chutney blend to the bowl of potatoes. Toss to coat potato rounds with the chutney.
- Serve this savory-chatpati Hariyali Aloo Chaat with some lemon drizzle if you like it to make tangier (I didn’t add as it has amchur already. I liked it to be hotter & a bit less of tangy).
If you liked the recipe you might also like Chatpati Chutney
- Festive Season’s Special Recipes (femmehavenn.wordpress.com)
- Matar-Aloo Chaat/Tikki (Green Peas-Potatoes Patties) (femmehavenn.wordpress.com)
- Moong sprouts Chaat/ Mung bean sprout Chaat (femmehavenn.wordpress.com)
- ‘Ganjing’ (Part I) (awadhdiaries.wordpress.com)
- Batata Vada (femmehavenn.wordpress.com)
would love to hear from you: