Christmas holidays have already begun and everyone seems drenched in festive mood. Oatmeal-carrot cake bites are such comforting delicacy which you’d like to include in your festive menu for sure. They are so quick and comforting that will take equivalent no time to have one delightful treat without harming your relaxing mood of holidays.
Oatmeal-Carrot Cake Bites are derived from Oats-Chocolate Cookies and Carrot Cake. They, the linking element between the two are No bake, No sugar, Vegan friendly and butter-less.
They are sans frosting but later I did frosting with chocolate sauce, then their moist chocolaty flavor with flavors of dates and carrot, was scrumptious.
Recipe (adapted from AverieCooks)-
Time Taken-For Preparation-3-5 min
For Making- 10 min
Oats -1/4 cup+ 1 tbsp (reserved)
Dates-2 tbsp (seeded)
Brown Sugar/Jaggery- 1½ tbsp
Cinnamon- ½ tsp
Vanilla Extract- ½ tsp
Steps to follow-
- Take all the ingredients in a blender except reserved one (oats) and blend (don’t over blend).
- Take out the dough like mixture and add reserved oats to make it a bit dry & more pliable.
- Divide the dough into 5-6 equal portions and round smooth with damp or greased hands.
- Dip in chocolate sauce or syrup (optional, I did that later; could not capture but with that they taste awesome)or do frosting with cream cheese and Plate up or store & refrigerate.
- You can coat these bites in chocolate or cream cheese frosting.
- You can add other dry fruits like 1-2 tbsp of almonds, walnuts, raisins etc.
would love to hear from you: