As its name illustrates, it has two main ingredients tomatoes and carrots which have blended so compatibly. The resultant thick soup spiced with curry powder & cumin was having a punching bit spicy-sour taste. That was making it an irresistible scrumptious & filling soup.
Time Taken- For Preparation-10 min
For Cooking-20 min
Servings- 2-3 small bowls
Olive Oil-1 tbsp
Garlic- 1 large clove (chopped)
Shallots- 2 (chopped)
Tomatoes- 2 large sized (whole)
Carrots- 2 large (peeled and cubed small)
Vegetable Stock– 2 cups (each of 250 ml)
Yellow Curry Powder- 1¼ tsp
Cumin Powder- 1 tsp
Steps to follow-
- Wash, peel and cube carrots small. Then wash tomatoes and keep them whole but mark a shallow cross with knife on opposite side of their eye-spots.
- Take a medium-small saucepan and place it on medium-high flame. Add in olive oil and heat it; then put in garlic & shallots. Sauté it for a while.
- Now add one cup of vegetable stock in it; following it add cubed carrots and whole tomatoes.
- Let them boil and then simmer closed until carrots soften and tomatoes also become soft & start leaving their outer skin.
- Take out tomatoes and peel off their skin with the help of cut-cross mark. Then put them in a blender along with carrots and vegetable stock.
- Blend it until smooth.
- Again put that smoothened mixture in that saucepan with one more cup of vegetable stock and add in yellow curry powder, cumin powder & salt.
- Simmer it for 8-10 min. Take it off from flame and serve hot garnished with spring onion greens.
Would love to hear from you 🙂 :