Today I am feeling cherished intimating two good news related to my blog. After having my Shahi Paneer Recipe among 100 top Shahi Paneer recipes on the net @Easy Indian Recipes; now my Spring onion & Potato Fritters Recipe has been included among top 100 best Potato Fritters recipes on the net @Potato Recipes Blog. Do visit these recipes to find out their speciality.
Now here is another flat bread recipe of spinach which is quite different from earlier one. In the latter one i.e. Spinach Flatbreads, dough was kneaded incorporating spinach leaves without any stuffing inside it. But here flavorsome cottage cheese-stuffing is filled inside the spinach flat bread which is made from the dough kneaded with spinach purée. It is full of iron, antioxidants and fiber alongwith full of flavor.
Time Taken-For Preparation- 30 min
For Cooking- 1 hr
Category- Breads (Flatbreads)
Servings/Yield- 8 flat breads
For Outer Covering/Flatbread-
Whole Wheat flour- 2 Cups
Spinach Puree-1 Cup
Paneer(Cottage Cheese)- 3/4 Cup (Fine-Crumbled)
Green Chillies- 2 (Chopped finely)
Cilantro/Coriander leaves-2 tbsp
Garam Masala- 1 tsp
Powdered Coriander- 3/4 tsp
Cumin Powder- 1 tsp
Dry Mango Powder-1/2 tsp
Salt- to taste
Oil- as required
Steps to follow–
1. Take whole wheat flour in a bowl; mix in salt and oil and form a crumbling mix by rubbing it through in between palms.
2. Now knead a soft dough by adding spinach purée little by little (add some warm water if required in kneading). Keep it to rest for 10-15 min covered.
3. While the dough is resting, prepare the stuffing of cottage cheese. Crumble it finely.
4. Put in chopped green chillies, cilantro,garam Masala, powdered coriander, cumin powder, dry mango powder and salt. Mix everything thoroughly.
5. Now, divide the green spinach dough in equal 8 portions.
6. Take one dough-ball and make it smooth & round. Then, by pinching its edges in circle way, make its edges thin on outer side.
7. Now in the thick center place, fill 1-2 tsp of cottage cheese stuffing and close it making a dumpling by getting the edges together at the center.
8. Flatten it gently and roll it out possibly thin light handedly so that stuffing doesn’t spill out.
9. Now place a flat pan on flame, lightly grease it with oil and heat it.
10. Place the rolled flat bread on the pan. When its base side starts getting light brown with small dotted brown spots, flip it over.
11. Grease this upper side and flip over again when the other base side getting light brown. Now grease this upper side and let the base side getting cooked thoroughly and likewise cook other side throughly too.
12. In short you are required to cook both sides of flat breads thoroughly gresaing them with oil on both sides. Likewise make other stuffed flatbreads too.
Would love to hear from you 🙂 :