Rava/Sooji Laddoo is another sweet/dessert which I am sharing today is from Diwali Menu. Though it’s a bit late for it to get shared here but I could not feel it fine to move on with other recipes leaving it a more late entree. So I am trying to finish off first with the dishes I enjoyed making on the occasion of Diwali. I can’t shelved that enjoyment without sharing it with y’all.
This sweet dish has very simple recipe with simple ingredients. This just has the play of proportions of various ingredients used here. So, let’s go ahead with the know-how of its recipe.
Time Taken- For Preparation- 25 min
For Making- 20 min
Category- Sweets (dessert)
Rava/Sooji (Semolina)- 1n1/2 cups
Powdered Sugar- 1 cup
Desi ghee (Clarified Butter)- 1/3 cup + 3 tbsp
Cardamom Powder- 1 tsp (optional)
Pistachios- to garnish
Steps to follow-
1. Heat 3 tbsp of clarified butter in a heavy bottomed deep pan. Put in semolina and stir cook it till it becomes very light brown with a release of sautéed/roasted aroma of semolina.
2. Turn off flame & let semolina cool down to room temperature.
3. Now add powdered sugar(& cardamom powder if adding) and mix thoroughly.
4. Then add in 1/3 cup of melted ghee and mix it evenly too. Try making small lemon sized balls with both hands after greasing both hands with clarified butter (rounding and pressing to shape like balls). It is noteable here that 1/3 cup was sufficient to shape that qty of semolina into round balls but if you are not able to shape easily; then add little by little more melted clarified butter into the mixture and then try shaping(shape & handle carefully & light-handedly to avoid breaking).
5. Make all small round balls (about 23 balls) with whole semolina mixture. Leave it to rest for few minutes to get cooler & firmer so that they don’t break while handling (you can also refrigerate for some time only to cool them down, don’t freeeze)
6. Plate up garnished with chopped pistachios. If you wish, you can store them in air-tight container for few days( around one week).
1. If you wish to add some dry fruits & nuts of your choice, you can add some mixed roasted nuts in some desired quantity.
Would love to hear from you 🙂