Hello lovely People…..please have these yummy crunchy munchy Jeera cookies, a perfect snack accompaniment to your tea. It is made with luscious butter, fine APF, cumin seeds the star ingredient, fine icing sugar etc. But making these cookies tested my hard patience which I don’t have 🙂 :D. You will ask how? You know here during the process there were two power cuts in our home which made me to wait for these to come out baked for approx 2 hours inspite of 30 min. You might be thinking 30 min and 2 hrours have great difference. Though the power cuts were short but being an amateur baker it took long :(. I’ll tell how.
While I was preparing for it, there was first power cut ….. sshhhit ….”I am about to put these into microwave oven to get baked”…God knows when will it be back. Hard luck but once i finished shaping , it came back 🙂 I set up time and put it into oven and they start getting baked and started rising. Again Power cut! Shit! This was for about 10 min but finally when power came back I preheated oven and set up for time and put again for rest of the time. I had hope that they will get baked but God knows what went wrong they didn’t get in proper form as they would have been. They were half baked. Don’t know, the followed recipe was wrong or using baking hollow glass dish instead of baking tray/sheet made difference or interference of power cuts that made baking long did so. They were half-baked so somehow I baked again on that temperature again for same time again and at higher for 3-4 min more to get proper shade. That baking day was totally hard 😦 . But it finally paid off, 12 golden brown crispy salted-sweet Jeera Cookies/Biscuits.
Now I am going to share what recipe I followed, you can freely share what went wrong and what should I follow. Please recommend a good recipe for this.
Time Taken -For Preparation-15 min
For Baking-12 min (actually took 24 min +3 min more diff for different microwave ovens)
All Purpose Flour/Refined Flour- 1+1/4 cups
Baking Powder-1/2 tsp
Baking Soda-1/4 tsp
Salt- 3/4 tsp
Icing Sugar- 1/4 cup
Unsalted Butter- 100g
Milk-2 tbsp or as required
Cumin Seeds-2tsp toasted
Steps I followed-
- Sieve All Purpose flour, baking flour, baking soda, and salt
- Whisk well butter(at room temp) and icing sugar.
- Now add cumin seeds in flour mixture keeping some aside.
- Add flour mixture in whisked butter.
- Now knead a tight dough of both mixtures adding milk as required.
- Divide the dough into two big balls. Roll out the ball into thin round as possible.
- Cut this round into few circles with cookie cutter.
- Same with other ball of dough. Or divide big ball into equal portions and give a cookie shape. Place these dough circles on greased baking traySprinkle few cumin seeds over all circles.
- Bake at 150 degree Celsius preheated oven for 10-15 min (12 min). Time differs also according to different ovens.
- Take out and let them cool down and serve with tea or store according to your wish.
Mine took 24 min at 150 degree Celsius in two rounds because of that reason plus 4 min at 220 degree celsius. Might be something went wrong that has to be told by you all good bakers.
Good Byee guys!