Hello readers, how are y’all doing? Hope you doing well. Here I am again with you all with new post. This Post is going to be a very famous, very common but most loved dish from south India. Yes Idli but not made with rice and dal but with Rava/rawa/sooji. Its an instant version. No need to soak rice and dal for long hours; just mixing two main ingredients Rava/ Semolina & yogurt and microwave. Yeah but for this you need microwave. 4 min of microwaving and soft idlis will be ready.
For Preparation- 5-6 min
For Cooking- 4 min
Servings- 12 servings
Category- Main course
Sooji/rava/ Semolina- 1 cup
Cashewnuts- 7-8 diced
Yogurt- 3/4 cup
Salt- 3/4 tsp
Coconut shreds- 4 tsp
Baking Soda- 1/2 tsp
Fruit Salt/ Eno- 1 sachet
Refined Oil- 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp
Curry Leaves- few
Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
Asafoetida- 1 pinch
Dry Red Chillies-2
Steps to follow-
- In a microwave safe bowl heat1 tbsp oil at high for 1 min
- Mix Rava/sooji in that bowl and heat again for 1 min.
- Take out and let it cool down.
- Meanwhile mix salt, cashewnuts, coconut shreds and torn curry leaves into rava .
- Add in yogurt, water as required and baking soda and mix well to make thick paste.
- Grease microwave safe idli moulds and pour li’l water at the bottom of microwave safe steamer.
- When you are ready to cook, then only add fruit salt and give a rough mix.
- Pour li’l li’l (li’l lesser than round section) batter in each mould section.
- Place moulds in steamer, seal the lid (keeping holes open) and microwave at high for 4 min
- Take out and let it cool down a bit and demould.
- In a tadka pan take oil add asafoetida, mustard seeds, red chilllies and let them splutter.
- Pour over idlies and serve them with coconut-yogurt chutney/yogurt peanut chutney or sambhar.