Deciding menu for the breakfast is a tough task for me. I hope you all face same problems and the ones who are on diet do feel monotonous kind of meal with repeated dishes so getting variety with tasty flavour in diet is not an easy job. But not impossible. I do try to scroll and explore new dishes of dieting with tasty flavour. In this post I will be sharing one such diet recipe that is good for breakfast and easy to make.
The recipe is for Quinoa-besan Cheela or Quinoa-Chickpea flour Pancakes/crepes. In this, Quinoa, a superfood has all essential amino acids-a protein rich ingredient and helps reducing weight whereas gram flour/besan/chickpea flour has high fiber content making you feel full for long and help reducing cholestrol. Combining it with other ingredients like spinach a low calorie diet but full of Protein-iron-fiber needed in breakfast is fulfilled with it. And it is very scrumptious as well. If you are searching for another easy delicious cheela recipe for breakfast it is Oats Cheela.
Preparation Time-10 min
Cooking Time-10 for 1
Category- Main course
Besan/Chickpea flour- 2 tbsp
Palak/Spinach- handful or two (chopped)
Turmeric- 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida- 1/4 tsp
Ginger- 1/2 inch grated
Green Chillies- 1 chopped
Kashmiri Mirch-1/2 tsp
Tomato- 1 medium (chopped) optional
Capsicum -1/2 chopped
Onion- 1/2 medium chopped
Shallots- 4 / 1/2 medium sized onion
Salt- to taste
Water- 1/2 cup
Recipe to follow-
- Soak Quinoa for 5 min. wash 2 times thoroughly.
- Meanwhile Chop ingredients required as chopped. Keep aside.
- In a blender take chickpea flour, add in shallots, salt, kashmiri chilli, cumin, turmeric, asafoetida and washed quinoa. Blend smoothly adding water.
- Take out in a bowl, mix chopped ingredients (tomato, capsicum, onion, green chillies spinach) along with grated ginger. Give a gentle mix.
- Heat a Pan and grease it. Take a ladle full of or two of batter and spread in circle. cook from both sides well.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato chutney.
That’s all for this post folks…..see you soon in my next post. BByee….